What is clean beauty? It’s the knowledge that the makeup you are wearing doesn’t have harmful ingredients. It’s knowing the ingredients you place on your skin are responsibly sourced. It’s clean on your skin.
Why should it matter to you? Many chemicals can and do absorb into the bloodstream through the skin. This, according to an FDA report. on the effects of chemical sunscreens. Personally, I want to limit the amount of chemicals on my body. How about you?
More and more we are seeing the “big brands” advertise they are eliminating chemicals from their products. Chemicals such phthalates, petrochemicals, aluminum and synthetics. They say they are doing this “because they care about us” To me, this is telling.
You may be thinking – ok if all this is true, why doesn’t the FDA ban these chemicals? They do take steps to protect consumers. They have banned ingredients like mercury and methylene chloride. While the U.S. has banned 10 ingredients, did you know the European Union has banned more than 1,300? Currently research is ongoing regarding health effects of several other chemicals permitted in cosmetics including:
- Synthetic fragrances, colorants and fillers.
If these ingredients are found to be unsafe the FDA will request a recall. I don’t know about you, but I’m going to be on the side of caution NOW!.
How can you protect yourself?
- READ the ingredients. Make sure they don’t contain any ingredients mentioned above.
- Know the sourcing practices of the company you are purchasing from. Look for information such as this .
- Does the product have a Clean ingredients list such as these?
Is Clean Beauty more expensive?
No. I did a quick comparison of my clean liquid makeup vs Estee Lauder, MAC, Too-Faced and Lancome. In some cases Savvy Minerals, the line I use, is the same or less expensive.
I started ‘clean beauty’ a bit over a year ago. My skin feels clean. I have no allergic reactions to what is going on my face. Plus I am secure that what I am placing on my face is always toxic free and naturally derived.
Here’s how to get started on your clean beauty routine a little at a time.
- Grab your basic starter kit for ONLY $35. @ http://bit.ly/GroundedLivingDeb This kit gives you your wholesale membership. Plus Stress Away essential oil, Young Living toxin FREE hand sanitizer and a few more Young Living goodies.
- Enroll in Essential rewards.
- Then click customize your kit.
- Click Products >Savvy Minerals>Shop.
- Choose the Savvy Clean Beauty products you want to get started with. (I personally started with Concealer and Foundation.)
- Set the date you want to ship your first order of Savvy Minerals Clean Beauty Products.
- Each month change the order to include 1 or 2 new Clean Beauty items.
Need suggestions on where to get started or what shade to choose? – Email or message me.
I’m here to help you on your wellness journey – Deb