Did you know that according to the CDC nearly 50% of all adults aren’t getting enough aerobic exercise?
According to the recommendations of Physical Guidelines for Americans, we should schedule 2-2.5 hours per week for moderate exercise/activity. (30 minutes 5 times a week) It sounds like “just a few hours” but those hours get eaten up very quickly with the tug and pull from work and other personal commitments.
How can we sandwich in those 2-2.5 hours per week?
First – Be Intentional. Add “Activity Time” onto your calendar. Have a talk with your family to explain “this is something I’m doing to make myself healthier so I will have more energy and be stronger for you”.
Where can you find this time?
- Get up 30 minutes earlier each day then work out to a YouTube video such as this one.
- March in place, do jumping jacks, etc while you watch your favorite Netflix show.
- Take your husband, kids, grandkids or dog for a walk 3 times a week.
- Buddy Walk with a co-worker during your lunch hour.
- Leave work on time, -no over-time today:), then hit the gym.
- Activity can be fun – think of what you enjoy and “just do it”.
Once you get your “activity time” scheduled what additional things can you do to enhance that time?
- Diffuse for the right atmosphere. Peppermint essential oil supports respiratory function. It also creates an environment that is more energizing.
- Yoga time? Be balanced. Put a drop of Frankincense directly on the crown of your head or on each wrist. As you practice, you’ll catch occasional scents of the inspiring, grounding fragrance.
- Need the motivation to get to the gym? Place a couple of drops of Valor essential oil on a tissue, inhale for 2-3 minutes. This gem of an oil is my go-to oil when I need to motivate myself
Got tight muscles? Mix 1 drop of Panaway essential oil with a dime-size portion of coconut oil. Rub onto those tight muscles or hamstrings.
It’s almost time for me to head to my Cardio Barre class, but first I’d be remiss if I didn’t give you this Simple DIY.
p.s. wish to purchase Essential oils? Please go to my personal Young Living page to shop or follow the links and enter my Young Living account # of 3524510. – THANKS for your support!
This blog does not provide medical advice It is intended for informational purposes only. It is not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never ignore professional medical advice in seeking treatment because of something you have read on the GroundedLiving.blog. If you think you may have a medical emergency, immediately call your doctor or dial 911.
What questions can I answer for you on essential oils or Young Living products? Email me