I watched as my once active and socialite mother made choices that lead her to an idle and secluded life. As my health and life began to mirror my aging mother’s, I began to search for ways to live a more energized life. Making healthy and balanced choices has to lead me to where I am today, living a more energized life..
In this journey, I grew my passion to share with others how they too can live a more energized life.
If you are like me, you want to wave a magic wand and poof…an energized life. That’s NOT going to happen. Forming productive habits to sustain an energized life is a marathon not a sprint. As in training for a marathon, it takes time and resolve and changing habits.
“All big things come from small beginnings. The seed of every habit is a single, tiny decision. But as that decision is repeated, a habit sprouts and grows stronger. Roots entrench themselves and branches grow. The task of breaking a bad habit is like uprooting a powerful oak within us. And the task of building a good habit is like cultivating a delicate flower one day at a time.” ― James Clear, Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones
1) Choose your Wellness Goal. Build a healthier body? Get a better night’s sleep? Rid your life of needless stress? Reduce brain fog? or Insert your goal here______________________?
2) Write your goal on 4 sticky notes. Place one one the car dash, bathroom mirror, refrigerator door, and your desktop at work.
3) Buddy up. Ask your buddy to hold you accountable.
4) Each week add a habit that takes you closer to your goal.
5) Be mindful. (Think before you repeat that bad habit.)
Once you’ve done that here are a few things to get you started.
Build a healthier body:
Watch what you place into your body…
- Replace your morning coffee. (How dare I!) When you hop out of bed, heat a cup of hot water. Place 2 drops of ingestible lemon essential oil in the hot water. The lemon helps cleanse toxins from the body
- Replace the lunch or mid-afternoon soda with water. Flavor with a drop of ingestible grapefruit essential oil.
- Start your grocery shopping in the fruit and veggie aisle.
- Replace your breakfast cereal with a smoothie
- Practice mindful eating.
- Replace grocery items with “organic” choices.
NOW get moving…
- Join a gym. (use a trainer if you haven’t worked out in a while.
- Take an exercise class that looks like it’s “your speed”
- Make everyday activities fun!
- Get a step counter and walk.
Get a Better Night’s Sleep
- Replace the before bed crime drama with a light-hearted sitcom.
- Wind down. No evening email, social media or work!
- Before bed drink either warm milk or chamomile tea.
- Diffuse lavender essential oil
- Make your bedroom a sanctuary. Cool, dark, no TV, pleasing aroma, quiet.
- Be willing to say no. (you can’t do it all)
- Exercise Regularly.
- Practice Relaxation Techniques.
- Love on yourself. (do something for yourself)
- Learn to turn off your known stressors. (News, too much noise, toxic people)
- Diffuse a blend of Essential Oil such as Peace and Calming or Stress Away.
Reduce Brain Fog:
- Take a class to learn something new
- Take up Yoga
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Diffuse Rosemary or Peppermint Essential Oil
- Practice Brain Training Games
- Play a board game with friends
In closing, please keep in mind you have a purpose to fulfill in your lifetime. You have only one body, mind and soul in which to do that, so care for it. Laugh, Smile and Enjoy each minute you have.